Posted on 6/20/2014 7:40:00 AM
by Ken Bartels, Sr. Vice President
What's your special place?
Whether you are new to Elmhurst or have been in town ‘forever’, you quickly realize what a wonderful city it is and all it has to offer. You also begin to appreciate ‘special places’…places that you enjoy and frequent regularly. In conversations with people recently, and adding my own, of course, here are some selected Elmhurst venues tabbed as ‘special’.
- Wilder Park including the Mansion, Veterans Memorial and the Conservatory
- City Centre Fountain and Plaza
- The pathway around Berens Park
- Elmhurst College Campus
- Elmhurst Art Museum
- Elmhurst Historical Museum
- September 11 Memorial on Spring Road
- The Abbey
- York Theatre
- Hamburger Heaven
You will have others, of course. Share them if you like with me, but absolutely experience them as important parts of your time in our town.