Posted on 8/19/2014 11:31:00 AM
by Ken Bartels, Sr. Vice President
...Ah one and ah two..
With the recent passing of actor and comic, Robin Williams, I found myself thinking about his first major ‘role’ on television starring in ‘Mork and Mindy’. That led to further thinking on other, past, television programs that remain ‘in my brain’. Now, with cable television comes the ability to watch ‘Nostalgia TV’ every day and while all the programs that I recall are not airing, many of them are. Here’s my list.
- The Dick Van Dyke Show…Rob and Laura and their adventures.
- Have Gun Will Travel…’Wire Paladin’ and hire a gunfighter with morals…Who Knew?
- The Rifleman…Luke and Mark and that crazy Winchester.
- Murder, She Wrote…J.B. Fletcher playing detective and writing mysteries.
- The Honeymooners…Dated to be sure but a lot of fun too.
- The Untouchables…So what if they didn’t get the facts right all the time.
- The Andy Griffith Show…Barney made it a hit.
- Bonanza…The first, color, prime time program and that NBC peacock…Wow!
- The Bold Ones…Lawyers, doctors and politicians, your choice.
- The George Burns and Gracie Allen Show…Ahead of its time and a riot.
- Columbo…A raincoat and a brain.
- The Man from UNCLE…Television’s James Bond.
- Gunsmoke…Matt and Kitty…Doc and Festus.
- Mission Impossible…And they all were too!
- The Rebel…Didn’t last long but I liked Johnny Yuma and the theme song.
Obviously, there are hundreds more, and your favorites may not be on my list. I will bet though that you are thinking about them right now…and humming all their melodies too. Count them up!
“Ah one and ah two”…The Lawrence Welk Show (my Dad’s favorite).